We are one of the gaming centers in Finland, with focus on developing local gaming community and business strategies. Turku Game Hub (the Hive) is a shared space for startups and established gaming companies in South-West Finland with headquarters in Turku. We are located in Kupittaa area, part of Turku where major IT and business development take place.
Through our network and partnerships with Finnish and international experts from gaming industry, we offer solutions and necessary tools for game development teams to grow their business according to their specific strategies. For professional growth we are offering workshops and coaching sessions (classes, workshops, seminars with focus on: gamedev business and marketing; programming: Unity and Unreal Engine; use of VR and AR technologies; teaching 2D and 3D graphics and animations) that can benefit both hobbyists and professional developers. These workshops and coaching are done by visiting scholars, business experts and veterans of the gaming industry.
Hive provides various services for community and business partners
- Event organizing (casual gaming events, bizdev, workshops, seminars, workshops)
- Game business consulting
- PR and marketing
Services that you can find at The HIVE:
- Front and back end systems
- Mobile and web applications
- Serious games (education, healthcare, wellbeing)
- Augmented reality
- Virtual reality development and mocap studio services
- UI and UX design
- 2D graphics and animations
- 3D graphics and animations
- Audio and sound design
- Game narratives and interactive storytelling
- Workshops, seminars and courses of all above listed
Besides business, we love gamers and game development enthusiasts! That is why Hive is organizing game jams, board game events and LAN parties. Check out our EVENTS page for more information about upcoming events and how to participate.
Chairperson: Natasha Skult
Special partner: Turun Teknologiakiinteistöt